Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This is my sister-in-law's fabulous recipe for warm pizza dip, and it absolutely VANISHES at every party she brings it to! AND it is so incredibly easy to make as well. She likes to serve this spread on toasted french bread or toast crackers. Feel free to make this your own by adding your favorite pizza toppings. she likes to do simply onion and bell pepper to keep it vegetarian, but I've given some other suggestions for toppings below
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (Italian blend works well here too)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce (home made, canned or jarred)
Favorite pizza toppings of you choice
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- mushrooms or black olives or pepperoni or cooked sausage
- toasted French bread or Italian bread, sliced, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cream cheese into bottom of a square baking dish or deep dish pie plate and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Spread 1/2 of the parmesan and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Next, spread sauce on top of the cheese and make sure it covers everything evenly.
- Add the rest of the cheese and sprinkle on the favorite topping of your choice.
- Microwave for 14 minutes and serve with toasted bread slices.
- Can also be heated in a 375°F oven until warmed through and cheese is bubbly.