Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother had gave me a bag full of rhubarb and I decided I must make something wonderful. This was the recipe I came up with and I found it to be a new bread recipe that others could enjoy as well. You may need to add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces non-fat strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Beat the egg in a medium mixing bowl. Add yogart, oil and water, and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl, stir until moist. Fold in fruit. Don't over mix!
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake until tooth pick comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool completely. Bread can be stored in a covered container for 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.