Recipe by FreetoFeast
I made this for Father's Day and what a big hit it was. A delicious gluten-free treat for a hot summer day. I use Kinnikinick "oreo" cookies and gluten free maraschino cherries. Works great with oreos and maraschino cherries for those who can eat wheat. I made my own chocolate frosting but gluten free chocolate frosting is easy to find in the supermarket.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 (16 ounce) packages Oreo cookies
- 2 (14 ounce) jars maraschino cherries
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Crush 1 package of cookies and layer on the bottom of a pan 6 inches across and 4 inches high.
- 2. Layer 1/4 of the ice cream on top of the cookies.
- 3. Drain the cherries and layer on top of ice cream.
- 4. Repeat steps 1 - 3.
- 5. Put in the freezer to set for 3 hours.
- 6. Unmold and frost with chocolate frosting.
- 7. Eat.