Recipe by -Sylvie-
I adopted this recipe from recipezaar, because it didn't have a loving home and I thought it sounded like a nice pie. I haven't made it yet, but will try to some time soon so that I can adjust and update the recipe should it need it. If you make it before me please let me know what you think!
Top Review by Mrs B
What a wonderful pie! Simple to make, smells wonderful during baking and tastes fabulous. I added a little lemon juice instead of water and probably a little less sugar (I forgot to measure it out; just sprinkled it over the rhubarb), so it was quite a tart tart! Another keeper, thanks Sylvie.
- 453.59 g rhubarb, sliced
- 113.39 g sugar
- 226.79 g flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 113.39 g fat
- 0.25 ml mixed spice
- 28.34 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a plate or shallow tin with half the pastry.
- Fill with fruit, cover with sugar and add a little water.
- Cover with the rest of the pastry and bake for 45 minutes.
- Oven control: Gas mark 6 (400F) for 20 minutes, then down to Gas Mark 4 (350F) to finish.
- All kinds of plate tarts with pastry top and bottom are popular in Wales.
- Apples, plums, gooseberries, or mixtures of any kinds of fruits in season can be used.
- Croeso Cymreig.