1/2 Photos of Tarten Riwbob (Rhubarb Tart) Welsh
1 hr 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I adopted this recipe from recipezaar, because it didn't have a loving home and I thought it sounded like a nice pie. I haven't made it yet, but will try to some time soon so that I can adjust and update the recipe should it need it. If you make it before me please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a plate or shallow tin with half the pastry.
- 2Fill with fruit, cover with sugar and add a little water.
- 3Cover with the rest of the pastry and bake for 45 minutes.
- 4Oven control: Gas mark 6 (400F) for 20 minutes, then down to Gas Mark 4 (350F) to finish.
- 5All kinds of plate tarts with pastry top and bottom are popular in Wales.
- 6Apples, plums, gooseberries, or mixtures of any kinds of fruits in season can be used.
- 7Croeso Cymreig.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarten Riwbob (Rhubarb Tart) Welsh
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: