Recipe by Karin...
These are gorgeous. They look very exotic and are so easy to make! Lovely as a light dessert with coffee. Or anytime during the day - with coffee!The preparation time does not include the time it takes to make the pastry.
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 -3 drops vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE FILLING: Apricots, peaches, plums, kiwifruit, or gooseberries need to be poached lightly in a sugary syrup.
- Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and redcurrants can be used fresh.
- GLACE for the fruit: Heat apricot jam, for red fruits use redcurrant jelly with a few drops of lemon juice, when dissolved put through a sieve.
- Sift the flour and salt onto a board.
- Make a well in the centre and add all the ingredients.
- With your fingertips, mix together quickly and knead until smooth.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll the pastry out and place in greased tartlet tins.
- Chill again.
- Bake blind for 7 minutes.
- Then bake a further 5 minutes until a pale biscuit colour.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Glace the base of the pastry with some of the glace, then place the fruit into the tartlets and glace all over.
- TIP: The tartlets WITHOUT the filling can be baked in advance and stored in an air-tight container for a few days!