Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a much easier recipe than traditional tarte tatin, and the flavor is incredible. Your house will smell amazing while it's cooking!
- 4 ounces light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (scant)
- 3 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (one sheet)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of a greased and/or non-stick cake pan with the brown sugar, pressing down so it is firm. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the sugar.
- Arrange the apple slices over the cinnamon, fanning them out from the center and overlapping.
- Place the sheet of thawed puff pastry over the apples and cut off the excess corners.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest on wire rack for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Make sure that your serving plate is tightly placed on top of cake pan before flipping it - the sauce is extremely hot and can scald you.
You are so right about my house smelling wonderful!! This is such an easy recipe! My family actually thought I could bake! I served this warm with Vanilla Bean ice cream. Excellent! Very impressive! Made for ZWT 5.