Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on The Baker House 1650 In The Hamptons Website. This recipe looks delicious. If you try it, please review.
- Preheat oven to 450°f (230°C).
- In a 10-inch overproof skillet over low heat, combine the sugar with 3 tablespoons water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Turn heat up to high and cook until mixture is golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove skillet from heat and whisk butter into caramel until melted and smooth.
- Arrange apple halves, cut side up, over caramel.
- Roll puff pastry into an 11-inch circle, trimming as necessary.
- Drape pastry directly over apples, tucking the edges.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is fluffy and golden brown.
- Allow tart to rest until cool.
- Invert a plate over the pan and turn cake upside down onto the plate.
- * Pears may be substituted for apples.