Momma Dukes's Note:
Found this on The Baker House 1650 In The Hamptons Website. This recipe looks delicious. If you try it, please review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°f (230°C).
- 2In a 10-inch overproof skillet over low heat, combine the sugar with 3 tablespoons water.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- 4Turn heat up to high and cook until mixture is golden brown and caramelized.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and whisk butter into caramel until melted and smooth.
- 6Arrange apple halves, cut side up, over caramel.
- 7Roll puff pastry into an 11-inch circle, trimming as necessary.
- 8Drape pastry directly over apples, tucking the edges.
- 9Place skillet in oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is fluffy and golden brown.
- 10Allow tart to rest until cool.
- 11Invert a plate over the pan and turn cake upside down onto the plate.
- 12* Pears may be substituted for apples.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarte Tatin or Caramel Apples in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.7
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g