Momma Dukes's Note:
Found this on The Baker House 1650 In The Hamptons Website. This recipe looks delicious. If you try it, please review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°f (230°C).
- 2In a 10-inch overproof skillet over low heat, combine the sugar with 3 tablespoons water.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- 4Turn heat up to high and cook until mixture is golden brown and caramelized.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and whisk butter into caramel until melted and smooth.
- 6Arrange apple halves, cut side up, over caramel.
- 7Roll puff pastry into an 11-inch circle, trimming as necessary.
- 8Drape pastry directly over apples, tucking the edges.
- 9Place skillet in oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is fluffy and golden brown.
- 10Allow tart to rest until cool.
- 11Invert a plate over the pan and turn cake upside down onto the plate.
- 12* Pears may be substituted for apples.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarte Tatin or Caramel Apples in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.7
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g