1/7 Photos of Tarte Flambee (Alsatian Pizza)
1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from "The Lutece Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour, plus flour for rolling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/8 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fromage blanc or 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 lb smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced very thin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl or in the work bowl of a food processor.
- 2In a measuring cup, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and stir in the sugar.
- 3Add to the flour all at once and stir or motor until smooth.
- 4Be careful not to over-process.
- 5Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rise, undisturbed, for 45 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and rub two large baking sheets with a little vegetable oil.
- 7Divide the dough into four parts, and on a well-floured surface, roll each part into an 8-inch round.
- 8Put the rounds on the oiled baking sheets and set aside.
- 9Combine the fromage blanc or cottage cheese, the crème fraîche and the 1 tablespoon of flour and stir or process until smooth.
- 10Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until some of the fat is released, then add the sliced onion and cook 2 or 3 minutes, or until the onion is barely softened.
- 11Distribute the cheese evenly between the rounds of dough and spread it up to the edges.
- 12Sprinkle the bacon and onions on top.
- 13Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 14Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until the pastry is browned.
- 15Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarte Flambee (Alsatian Pizza)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 1249.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: