Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Quebecquois dessert recipe. NOT for diabetics!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup maple sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine sugars & flour. Spread the sugar mixture evenly over the pie shell.
- Pour the cream over the sugar and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the pie warm from the oven.
Excellent sugar pie. I couldn't find maple sugar (out of season maybe), so I used 1 cup of brown sugar insted of 1/2 a cup. YUMMY!!!! Just like my memere's.....
Have never had sugar pie either - thought it time I give it a try. Easy to put together and comes out of the oven looking so lovely - you just want to get a spoon. I let mine cool a little before serving. Thank you for sharing this delicious dessert.
ZWT4: I made this for the CAFE ZMAKK Gypsies while virtually travelling through Montreal, Quebec for the ZWT in Canada. I have never had sugar pie before so I wasn't sure what to expect!! It was good - sweet - but good! Directions were easy to follow and I made exactly as written!!