Recipe by Maïté G.
Brown sugar pie. A classic in the Walloon region in Belgium. Delicious, but very sweet.
Top Review by Island Gurl
This was a very yummy dish but fell apart when trying to cut it. Also was a bit too sweet so I probably wouldn't put as much brown sugar in at the end right before going into the oven. Was still very yummy and quite easy to make :)
- 1 pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 100 g cream
- 150 g brown sugar
- 120 g butter, cut into small chunks
- powdered sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Beat the eggs with the cream.
- Add 50 g of brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Butter the pie plate and put in the pie crust.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture into the crust.
- Put the butter on top (do not melt it!) and add the rest of the sugar.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool and decorate with powdered suger to taste.