Maïté G.'s Note:
Very common pie in Belgium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- 2In a pan, heat the milk with the split vanilla pod. Leave to boil at low heat.
- 3In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and the cornstarch.
- 4Add the milk, small bits at a time to the egg mixture, without stopping to beat.
- 5Remove the vanilla pod and scrape it out, add to the mixture.
- 6Pour the mixture in the pan, and let it thicken over low heat, do not stop beating.
- 7Put the pie crust in the buttered pie plate.
- 8Pour the egg mixture into it.
- 9Bake for 35 min or until the flan is lightly coloured.
- 10Leave to cool and decorate with pearled sugar.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarte Au Flan
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 208.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: