Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Homemade tartare sauce always tastes better than bought. It keeps well in the fridge. I love it with any seafood. It's flavor increases if you refrigerate it for an hour or so before using.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup lite olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- Using a blender or food processor blend the egg yolks, salt& vinegar together Very slowly with the blender swithced on quite high speed pour a very thin, slow stream of oil into the egg yolks, stop every once in a while and blend for a second then resume with the oil until all has been poured in Add lemon juice and the tbsp of water.
- The sauce should now look like white mayonnaise.
- Mix in the green onions, gherkin, capers and parsley.
- Serve with seafood or fish.
Wow first time I've made tartare from scratch because I didn't have any and it was fantastic and so much better than bought stuff! I gave it a taste test just after making and it was good, but just a little better after refrigeration so one that's worth making an hour or so in advance and chilling.
This is what i was looking for---Thanks so much.