Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A non traditional tartar sauce that my wife just whipped up off the top of her head.
Make and share this Tartar Sauce - Way Kicked Up! recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons india relish
- 1 dash malt vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon very finely diced cherry pepper
- 1 tablespoon of the juice from jars jalapeno
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Let sit for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Mixture may be "loose" - that is A - OK, but tighten it with more mayo if you want.
I enjoyed this with some fish. I did have to adjust the heat lower, and used pepperoncini juice instead of jalapeno. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef game, spring 2014.
I made half of the given amount. It does have a real zest but thats a good thing as most fish is very mild. I made this to accompany halibut steals that we will be cooking on the outdoor grill tomorrow. I think it might not be bad as a dip too. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.