Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Your fish is begging for this wonderfully creamy and tasty tartar sauce. Perfect with my fool-proof crispy Beer Battered Cod recipe(#138647). A sure hit... you can omit the capers...although that would be a crying shame. Enjoy!
Top Review by loreengale
I didn't think I'd like such a tangy tartar (not my usual choice), but after it sat a while, it just got better & better. I served it with Crispy Tilapia (#47391) as suggested by someone else & it made that recipe even more outstanding. And yes, the capers really make it. BTW, I finally figured out how to "chop" those little suckers that kept rolling off or flying off my cutting board. I put them in a ZipLock bag & took the smooth side of my meat mallet & smashed them up. It worked great. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 scallion, including green top chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dilled gherkins
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper