Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tartar sauce to serve with fish (we also use it with fried shrimp). This recipe has been in my collection for years, I don't remember where I got it.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely minced dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream-style horseradish sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- The sauce will keep in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
- Serve with fish.
Great recipe. Served it with broiled perch and loved the flavor it added. Stepped up the horsey sauce to add more zing. Just great!
I served this up tonight with fried perch and it went great. Loved the sweet and dill relish! Thanks!
Wonderful recipe! A perfect combination of flavors. I reduced the amount of horseradish to 1/4 tsp. This has got to be the best tartar sauce that I've ever tasted. I served this sauce with beer battered halibut filets and it complimented the fish nicely.