Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favourite tartar sauce recipe. I found this years ago in an old cooking magazine my Mom had tucked away.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons cornichons, minced (french style dill pickle)
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and finely chopped
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard in medium bowl.
- Whisk in vegetable oil in slowly a little bit at a time.
- Fold in shallot, cornichons, chives, capers and parsley.
- Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
This is an excellent from-scratch tartar sauce. I recommend chilling it for several hours before using, to let the flavors marry. Thanks for posting!
Made as directed other than subbing regular dill pickles. Great tarter sauce and one we will have again when we have our next fish fry!
this is one of the best tartar sauces I have made yet , the only change I made was added in fresh garlic, although fresh or dry parsley was not stated I used fresh parsley, thank you for sharing this great recipe, we enjoyed it with fish tonight! this was made for Kittencalskitchen forum tag game