Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had been making this from memory for years when I found the original post-it note with the recipe scribbled on it in one of my cookbooks. I have no idea where I first got the recipe, but wanted to share it because it is really good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for atleast 1 hour before serving.
This was a good tartar sauce. I made it and served with Paula Deen Beer Battered Fish and Chips. It was good on both the fish and the fries. Thanks for sharing GotBoxer? Made for Bargain Basement tag.