Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just an outstanding tarter sauce. But it makes a lot, so I use the by guess and by golly method of cutting this down on the, worchestershire., and horseradish for the 2 of us. But I think it has the right combination of ingredients.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup onions or 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon horseradish
- mix in a bowl until well blended.
- chill well or over night is best.
Wow this really does make a LOT of tartar sauce. I too halved everything except the worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Very nice favor. Had it with frozen fish sticks, sorry if this seems tacky. Since there was only 3 of us for dinner still have a lot left over. Thanks for a new tartar sauce, just need to figure out how to make less with same taste.