Recipe by shanel
Ive been making my own tartar sauce for a least the last thirty years. I always make it fresh each time I need it. It works really well with tuna for sandwiches. Enjoy
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I made half the recipe (snacked on the other half of the hard-boiled egg LOL) and used it in tuna salad. The dill pickle relish was a nice touch, since I'm not crazy about sweet pickles. I'll never use store-bought again! Made for PAC Spring 2007.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by dicing onions, celery, capers and egg.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Allow to rest and chill for a half hour.
- You can use sweet pickle relish but it changes the taste.
- You can mix in a half cup of chili sauce and you have a nice thousand island dressing.