Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the only way my mom has ever made Tartar sauce. Friends have said, "We don't like tartar sauce on our fish". Mom would tell them to try it and now they are hooked. My parents are avid fishermen, my mother is dangerous in a boat. Every summer of my childhood put us in Northern Saskatchewan on a lake. Then on shore cooking fish in a cast iron frying pan.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is her choice)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (French's)
- 2 tablespoons green relish (Bick's)
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- Mix all together.
- Keep in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Use on fresh caught fish.