Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the best tartar sauce recipes, and I'm sure you will agree! Great with fish, sandwiches and even French fries.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1⁄3 cup sweet dill pickle relish
- 1 -2 fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste, use more but no less than 1 tsp)
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours to blend the flavors.
- Stir with spoon before using.
- Store in a covered glass container in the fridge.
- **NOTE** if you prefer a sweeter tartar sauce, just add in some sugar to taste.
This was a really good tartar sauce. I didn't put eggs or chili sauce in mine though.
Here's a great dip [Almost typed 'drip'!] that can also be used as dressing for a meat sandwich [It's even good on a veggie sandwich]! I even liked it as a dip for a hard-boiled egg! Anyway, the recipe makes up a very nice tasting tartar sauce, one that's worth making again! Thanks for the recipe!
This was very good tartar sauce, although I did make one change by omitting the chili sauce so that my 6 year old would enjoy it too! Can't wait to try it with the chili. But, it was a terrific sauce!