Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
Posted for Zaar World Tour III, for Spanish region. I found this recipe in a Spanish Food section of About.com. Described as a "quick and easy" apple tart.
Top Review by Thea
Made this last nite and it is all gone today!! Followed the recipe other than I had some cinnamon/sugar mixture already so added that and a small amount of vanilla sugar. My DH bought apricot perserves instead of jam but that turned out alright as it left little bits of apricot on the top. Really easy and delicious too! Thanks so much for posting this...we will be having this often!!!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- apricot jam, for glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface and place in a 9-inch pie pan. Trim any pastry that hangs over the edges.
- Arrange apple slices in pastry shell; pour lemon juice over apples.
- Place tart in its pan on a cookie sheet and place on middle oven rack.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, covering pastry edges with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread apricot jam over tart to glaze (have jam at room temperature or warm it slightly - this will make it easier to spread).