Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like rhubarb then you may find this recipe intresting.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 quart rhubarb, cut in one inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid (1 envelope)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- Prepare but do not bake pie shell.
- Combine rhubarb and water in saucepan and cook over medium heat til rhubarb is tender.
- Pour into blender and add Strawberry Kool Aid, cornstarch, sugar replacement and puree.
- Refrigerate to chill completely.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat rhubarb mixture to loosen.
- Blend egg whites into rhubarb mixture and pour into pie shell, spreading evenly.
- Attach a 2 inch collar of flour dusted waxed paper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Reduce heat to 375°F.
- Place pie in lower third of oven.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Insert cake tester in centre.
- The Souffle is done if tester comes out clean (place waxed paper over collar to keep top from getting too brown).