1/3 Photos of Tart Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 25 mins
A very tasty marmalade that is relatively light on sugar. From Cuisinart. Preparation time does not include overnight chilling .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel grapefruit using a sharp knife. Slice the bitter white pith from the peel, leaving just a thin layer on the peel. Discard the pith. Cut the peel into thin (1/8 inches thick) slices and place in a medium bowl. (I found this easiest do do by cutting the peel in about 8 sections - I could then flatten it out and remove most of the white pith with my knife).
- 2Cut the grapefruit into sections, removing the membrane and seeds. Add the sections and any juice to the bowl. Stir in sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours - this is to tenderize the peel.
- 3Stir the orgeat and pectin into the bowl. Transfer to the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Select the jam cycle and start.
- 4Scrape down the sides 5 and 10 minutes into the cycle.
- 5Transfer the marmalade to clean jars. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate. Keeps refrigerated for 4 to 6 weeks.
- 6Note1: Orgeat syrup is an almond-flavored syrup. It is used in cocktails or to flavor coffees.
- 7Note2: This makes a tart, English-style marmalade. For a sweeter marmalade, increase the sugar to 2 cups and the orgeat to 1/3 cup.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tart Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 114.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: