Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained,plus
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, optional
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine flour, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Stir until blended.
- Add crushed pineapple and juice, egg yolks and sugar, mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- In medium size bowl with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in pineapple mixture.
- Spoon into 8 sundae cups and chill.
- Garnish with cut pineapple sliced in half, if desired.