Recipe by Lennie
This is quite tart and lovely with a variety of foods. Meat lovers will want to serve this with pork.
- 2 cups cored and chopped granny smith apples
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (, no dates)
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded and chopped lemons, do not peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup gin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except nuts and gin in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Do not boil, only simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in toasted nuts and gin.
- Immediately pour into hot sterilized one-cup canning jars and seal with prepared lids.