Recipe by P4
This is my best pastry for a sweet tart. It always behaves itself, and it's light and tender and tasty.
Top Review by spatchcock
AWESOME! This had an incredible flaky texture and a great sweet taste that was gentle but not overpowering. It was sticky dough, so I put flour on my hands when I was pressing it into the mini tart pans I was using. I used this with Lennie's "Award-Winning Butter Tarts" (#14756). Thanks for such an outstanding crust, I'm sure I'll use it many times!Update: I made this again, this time with peaches as filling (I'll be posting that recipe soon enough!). Also I used a full-sized tart pan and it was fine. It was fantastic!! Anyway, thanks again petitfour!
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pastry flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, sugar and salt together in your mixer or food processor.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until it all comes together.
- Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill thoroughly (at least 1 hour) before using.