Recipe by Ethan's Mom
I can't wait to try this!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these, along with other things, to be included on my finger food counter for a group I host, & with 1 exception I followed the recipe right on down ~ I added 1/4 cup of dried cherries to the cherry preserves, 'cause I wanted a 'load' of cherries in there, & they turned out just great! Will definitely make these tasties again & again! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup cherry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Grease the foil. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a food processor. Add the butter and cheese and pulse until the flour is pale yellow and coarse.
- Press half the flour mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake just until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Spread the preserves evenly over the crust, then sprinkle the remaining flour mixture evenly over the preserves. Bake at 325° until the top is golden, about 25 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- When cool, use the foil “handles” to lift the bar from the pan and cut.