Recipe by Elana's Pantry
These tart and tangy Cranberry Bars are one of my favorite treats. I've been craving cranberries lately and this gluten free dessert more than hits the spot when it comes to mouth puckering goodness. http://www.elanaspantry.com/tart-and-tangy-cranberry-bars/
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 6 cups fresh cranberries, picked over (discard bad ones)
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans and dates in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Pulse in oil and salt until mixture begins to form a ball.
- Press crust into an 8x8 inch greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- To make cranberry topping, place 4 cups cranberries, agave and orange zest in a pot on the stove.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer 10-15 minutes, until cranberries start to dissolve.
- Add remaining 2 cups cranberries and cook covered for 5 more minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over pecan crust.
- Allow bars to set for 60-90 minutes.