Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Ok, earlier today I posted a recipe (Orange-Cranberry Scones) from another website. Well, I made it with a few minor adjustments, and it came out wonderful. This is the recipe with the adjustments. These are vegan (as is the other recipe)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Sift together both the flours, the baking powder, and the salt in a large bowl.
- Toss cranberries with sugar and walnuts.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts. Combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, and orange juice, zest and almond extract.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Scoop by the tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden.