1/1 Photo of Tarrah's Version of Orange-Cranberry Scones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- 2Sift together both the flours, the baking powder, and the salt in a large bowl.
- 3Toss cranberries with sugar and walnuts.
- 4Add the cranberries and walnuts. Combine and set aside.
- 5In another bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, and orange juice, zest and almond extract.
- 6Add to the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- 7Scoop by the tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarrah's Version of Orange-Cranberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g