Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my own concotion based on a dessert I had at a restaurant in Vieques. Super easy to make, these are awesome with the sauce. I recommend using organic bananas, as they taste much better than conventional. If you can't find any small ones, use a large banana, but cut it in half. Measurements are aproximate....
- 10 small bananas
- 10 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- peanut oil, to deep fry in
- 1 cup powdered sugar (to garnish)
For the Sauce
- 1 cup raspberries, thawed (pureed and strained)
- 15 ounces coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or half a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons rum (or your favorite liquor to taste)
- For the Bananas:.
- In a deep wok or skillet, fill with peanut oil half way, and heat until about 375 degrees, or when bubbles form around food when placed in oil. (tear off a little piece of the wrappers, and place in oil to test)
- Place bananas on wrappers diagonaly across, and drizzle with a little honey. Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top of banana and honey. (the 1/4 cup honey and the cinnamon is for all of the bananas).
- Wrap bananas in eggroll wrappers: Fold bottom corner over banana, then tuck side corners in, Roll rest of wrapper over banana, using a little water (or honey) to seal the edges.
- Place wrapped bananas in fryer oil and fry until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- For Sauce:.
- Place strained raspberries and coconut milk in small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Stir to combine, then add and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat mixture until boiled down slightly, and you have a realtivly thick sauce.
- You may want to chill sauce before serving, but it is good warm too.
- Sprinkle fried bananas with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry sauce.