1/3 Photos of Tarrah's Healthy Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
I couldn't find a recipe I liked for a healthy version of banana bread, so I improvised and made my own. It came out really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (available from King Arthur Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup corn or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or your favorite natural sweetner)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- 1Smash bananas into a pulp and set aside.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients.
- 3In separate bowel, combine oil with natrual sweetner and vanilla.
- 4In three intervals, add flour mix. to oil mix. alternating with banana pulp until all is combined into a smooth batter.
- 5Pour batter into loaf pan (if using small loaf pan, you may have to divide the batter between two pans).
- 6Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top of batter and bake loaf(s) at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into loaf.
- 7When done baking, switch oven to broil and leave loaf there for about two to three minutes or just until brown sugar begins to carmelize. Then remove from oven and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarrah's Healthy Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: