Tarragon vinegar takes two weeks to make. I was in a hurry and used mine the same day. I used tarragon from Penzeys Spices, I love their spices.
- Place the tarragon in a clean glass jar.
- Heat the vinegar to just under the boil.
- Pour over the tarragon.
- Leave to cool without covering the jar.
- If the jar cover is metal, place some clear plastic wrap over the jar before screwing on the cap (to protect the cap from corrosion).
- Leave the jar of vinegar in a dark, dry place for two weeks.
- Strain the tarragon vinegar through a coffee filter into a clean 4-ounce glass bottle that comes with a plastic lid.
- Cap and use for recipes calling for tarragon vinegar.