Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a good recipe for using up leftover turkey. Cooked chicken would work as well. Using one pink and one white grapefruit make a lovely presentation. This salad is interesting because the dressing is quick simmered, then chilled before serving. From "The Great British Kitchen" by The British Food Trust.
- 7 ounces chicken stock or 7 ounces turkey stock
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and diced
- fresh tarragon, for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat stock, orange zest, orange juice, tarragon, oil, and vinegar; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange salad greens, turkey, and grapefruit in a serving dish; pour dressing on salad and toss well.
- Garnish with tarragon sprigs.
This was pretty good! I think it would be 5 stars if the dressing had a little less stock, mine turned out quite watery, so the flavour was a bit bland. Next time I'll only use half of the stock so it becomes more intense. A nice way to use left over cooked turkey. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies