Recipe by threeovens
This is a good recipe for using up leftover turkey. Cooked chicken would work as well. Using one pink and one white grapefruit make a lovely presentation. This salad is interesting because the dressing is quick simmered, then chilled before serving. From "The Great British Kitchen" by The British Food Trust.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This was pretty good! I think it would be 5 stars if the dressing had a little less stock, mine turned out quite watery, so the flavour was a bit bland. Next time I'll only use half of the stock so it becomes more intense. A nice way to use left over cooked turkey. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
- 7 ounces chicken stock or 7 ounces turkey stock
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and diced
- fresh tarragon, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat stock, orange zest, orange juice, tarragon, oil, and vinegar; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange salad greens, turkey, and grapefruit in a serving dish; pour dressing on salad and toss well.
- Garnish with tarragon sprigs.