Recipe by KrisLady
I came up with this healthier alternative to burgers which highlights the flavor of fresh tarragon - the bread and milk "panade" helps keep the meat moist and flavorful so you can be sure to cook the lean turkey completely. These burgers are wonderful topped with fresh leafy lettuce and served on a soft roll (we loved Sourdough Burger Buns). A spoonful of bearnaise sauce (like Bearnaise Sauce), while not doing much for the calorie-count, makes an amazing condiment!
- 566.99 g ground turkey
- 1 slice sandwich bread, crust removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 29.58 ml milk
- 9.85 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, combine cubed bread and milk. Mash together until milk is completely incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Gently mix with spoon or hands, being careful not to overmix, but be sure to completely mix in bread mixture.
- Form into four patties.
- Grill (or cook in frying pan), as desired, turning once, until turkey is cooked through.