Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious sandwich you can make up in minutes! Adapted from BHG magazine.
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml scallions, sliced thin
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh tarragon (or 2 tsp. dried tarragon)
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, finely shredded
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 2 (340.19 g) can solid white tuna, drained, flaked (in water)
- 8 slice sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8-12 tomatoes, slices cut thin (optional)
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- Combine mayonniase, parsley, scallions, tarragon, lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper. Stir till combined well. Now stir in tuna, breaking up any large pieces.
- Place 4 bread slices on a clean work surface, and evenly divide the tuna mixture on top of each slice. Top the tuna with tomato, if using, and cheese. Spread one side of the remaining bread slices with half the butter. Place bread slices, buttered side up, on top of cheese. Place sandwiches, buttered side down, on a large nonstick skillet or griddle, over medium heat. Carefully butter top bread slices. Cook sandwiches for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden, carefully turning halfway through cooking. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
I'm trying to like tuna and this is excellent! Just the tuna mix alone is great! I'll make this everyday! Can't wait to show my husband. He's a tuna lover.
This was delicious. I love the mixture of the tarragon, dijon mustard and lemon. Yum! Also, quick and easy. I didn't grill my sandwich, but toasted it open-faced to melt the cheese. Thought I'd at least attempt to save a few fat calories. Thanks for the yummy sandwich, Sharon!
Thanks for recommending this, Sharon123! I made 2 servings for a quick, light supper and it hit the spot. I too stirred the cheese into to tuna mixture to make spreading simpler and omitted the tomatoes. The tarragon, while defintely _there_ doesn't overpower the other flavors. We'll enjoy this recipe again!