1/1 Photo of Tarragon Tuna Melt
This is our favorite tuna melt. The added greens and tarragon take this sandwich over the top! Give it a try!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, including the greens
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crumbled
- zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, well drained and flaked
- 8 slices French bread (or your favorite bread) or 8 slices Italian bread (or your favorite bread)
- 1 thinly sliced tomato (8 slices)
- 4 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1Mix the green onion, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and mayonnaise in a medium sized bowl. Add the drained tuna, mixing with a fork to break up the flakes.
- 2Lay out four slices of bread. Divide the tuna mixture evenly onto the slices. Top each bread slice with tomato slices and grated cheese.
- 3Spread one side of the remaining four bread slices with butter.
- 4Place bread slices, buttered side up, on top of the cheese.
- 5Heat a large griddle, on medium heat.
- 6Place the sandwiches, buttered side down, onto the hot griddle. Gently spread butter on top of the bread slices.
- 7Cook for about 3 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side.
- 8Carefully turn them to the other side. Cook for another 3 minutes or so, until the second side is browned.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Tuna Melt
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.4
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 1489.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves