Recipe by Oolala
The Garden Club of Pasadena, Tx (Mrs. Lambert) provided this take on Tarragon Chicken. It isn't like others on Zaar. Garlic isn't listed as an ingredient but I would add some!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and thick sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper; brown in butter.
- Place in 2 quart casserole.
- Dredge tomatoes in flour and brown in butter and place 4-5 slices around the chicken.
- Break up remaining tomato slices; sprinkle with tarragon.
- Add 1 tablespoons flour to skillet; stir to blend; slowly add cream, stirring constantly; simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and tomatoes; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for 15 more minutes uncovered.