Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is a good accompaniment to the crab cakes I posted
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 shallots, minced
- 4 cornichons, minced (French sour gherkins, available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets)
- 18 green olives, pitted and chopped (preferably brine-cured)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced, fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, or to taste
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, the shallots, the cornichons, the olives, the tarragon, the vinegar, and the Tabasco until the tartar sauce is combined well.
- (The sauce may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled).
- *Servewith Crab Cakes.