Recipe by Miss Annie
Braising the steaks makes them fork tender. Try these steaks served over noodles or with rice or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This recipe will go right to the top of our favorites list! This was SO tender, and SO flavorful!! The dijon and tarragon is a perfect combination. I used a burgandy wine, and followed the recipe. I love these easy recipes that produce such good taste! Thanks Miss Annie!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (8 ounce) cube steaks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat oil in a large pan, with a lid, over medium heat.
- Sear steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove me to a plate.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add wine, stock, tomato paste, mustard, and tarragon, and stir until smooth.
- Heat to a simmer, and add steaks.
- Cover and braise in the oven for 1-1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Remove steaks to a serving dish, and skim grease from the top of the sauce.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and serve sauce with the steaks.