Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite herb. This quick, easy dinner is great over rice or pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (OR 2 TSP DRIED)
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet, add garlic.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and half of tarragon, simmer until shrimp are pink.
- Stir in remaining tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
This was delicious! It was so quick and easy; peeling and deveining the shrimp took the longest. We found half a cup of wine was plenty and we used dried tarragon. The recipe was not clear with how much shrimp or garlic to use; we used a pound of shrimp and only one clove of garlic. Thanks Chia, we will certainly make this dish again!
What an easy and quick to prepare dish! Wonderful for those times when you need a quick but satisfying meal. I liked the subtle fresh tarragon flavor. We like a stronger garlic flavor for scampi, so next time, I will mince the garlic and mix it with room temperature butter and olive oil ahead of time, to give more time for the garlic flavor to penetrate.
Chia, this is so good, loved the tarragon, didn't have fresh so used dried. Served it over rice. DH loved it. Thank you so very much for another yummy recipe.