Recipe by *Parsley*
This is an quick and easy scallops recipe. Make sure to use "dry" sea scallops (the ones without any water added). Simple and delicious.
Top Review by Abuela Yaya
Quick and delicious recipe! After purchasing a bag of frozen scallops on sale at Target, I was at a loss for a recipe. While the scallops thawed in a collander, I sauted the garlic with 4 minced green onions. Instead of tarragon, I used dried basil from my garden and then served the scallops over angel hair pasta. Next time, I will definitely use more garlic and herbs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs dry sea scallops (the larger type WITHOUT water added)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried tarragon (use twice as much chopped fresh tarragon)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- If some scallops are a lot larger than others, you may want to cut the larger ones in half.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and lightly sautee for about 1 minute.
- Add scallops and tarragon. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until scallops are opaque; turning each once halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parmesan cheese and serve immediately.