Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Spread this between a bun with cold salmon patties and a red onion (see my Kittencal's Salmon Cakes/Patties) it's better than any hamburger lol! Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight is even better! Double the recipe if desired.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon small caper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or use 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix all ingredients.
- cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving (better if chilled for 24 hours).
This was a nice and tangy recipe, and I love it alot. I used it for egg salad and cheese sandwiches, and I'm going to try it with a veggie burger. It's really good.
Don't just limit this sandwich spread to salmon cakes! I used it on tarragon poached chicken sandwiches, sliced tomatoes and lettuce and it was fabulous. Since I didn't need a full 1 1/2 cups, I made a bit less than half the recipe, subbing the yogurt with sour cream. I also minced my capers and green onions so that they blended in better with the rest of the smooth ingredients. I've got some spread leftover and just might make some salmon patties to put it on! Good one Kittencal.