Recipe by Miracles Happen
Mmmmmmm, great addition to any meal, and can be made ahead and refrigerated up to eight hours prior to baking. This comes from the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
- 18 white mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove mushroom stems and chop finely.
- Bring the broth to a boil at medium-high in a nonstick frying pan.
- Add shallot and mushroom stems. Cook about 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has mostly evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine vegetable mixture, rice, mayonnaise, tarragon, and half the cheese.
- After wiping out frying pan, add oil and saute mushroom caps over medium heat until coated (approximately 20 seconds).
- Place caps on a baking sheet, cap side down and place about 2 teaspoons rice mixture in each cap.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned (about 10 minutes) and mushrooms should be tender, yet still hold their shape.
- Dust lightly with paprika.