Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very nice and flavorful rice dish and goes great with Shanna's Favorite Chicken Kiev'.
Make and share this Tarragon Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan and cook onion over medium heat until golden. Stir in rice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Keep rice covered and remove from heat after it has been simmering for the 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in parsley and tarragon. Serve.
This is an enjoyable side dish....made it with broiled swordfish for dinner tonight. It is nicely seasoned, not too strongly, just enough for an accent.
I made this to go with the chicken kiev. Very nice rice dish, goes very well the chicken.
I added garlic to the onions. The tarragon gave this just a slight licorice flavor not overpowering. This serves more like 8 people. Thanks! ;)