Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe uses tarragon, honey and mustard to create a gorgeous potato salad.
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- flaked sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornichons, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If you're using the walnuts, place in a hot oven about 400F for a few minutes until beginning to colour slightly. This gives a fresher, less bitter flavour to the nuts.
- Place the vinegar, mustard, oils, honey and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar or in the bowl of a small hand blender. Shake or blend well until creamy. Add more seasoning if preferred.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 15-20 minutes until just tender. Drain well and, when just cool enough to handle, cut into halves or quarters, if quite large.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl with the tarragon, shallots, cornichons and walnuts, if using, and toss in as much or as little of the dressing as you want.
- Serve just warm or, if you're not eating straight away, refrigerate and return the salad to room temperature before eating.