Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From The Moosewood Restuarant Kitchen Garden. It says it is good on grilled fish, vegetables and pilaf. This was quite lovely in a casserole with mixed grains, veggies and topped with mozzarella cheese and pine nuts. Original recipe did not include the garlic, which is why I have listed it as optional.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 of crushed garlic cloves (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor or blender.
- Mix until everything is well chopped then slowly add the oil in a thin stream to form a fairly smooth paste.
- Pesto will keep refrigerated for a couple of weeks. Keep in an airtight container and cover with a thin layer of oil, if desired, to prevent discoloring.