Recipe by elisabeth the only one
This recipe is simple to make using frozen peas and stock made from a bouillon cube, ingredients that you are likely to have at hand.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white rice
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- salt and pepper
- crouton (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pan overmedium low heat. Add the onion, leeks, and rice. Cover and cook stirring accasionally for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add he peas, water, bouillin cube, and arragon and bring just to a boil. Season a little pepper. Cover an simmer gently occasionally stirring for about 35 minutes until the vegetables are very tender.
- Let the soup cool slihtly, then transfer to a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree in batches if necessary. (If using a food processor strain of the coooking liquid and preserve. Puree the soup solids with enough cooking liquid to moisture them, then combine with the remining liquid.)
- Return the soup to the pan. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Gently reheat the soup over low heat for about 10 minutes until hot.
- Ladle into warm bowls and garnish with hard cooked egg or crootons.